When you join Practical Farmers of Iowa, you become part of a network of innovative farmers and supporters who share their knowledge freely and believe in sustainable solutions to agricultural challenges.
As a member of Practical Farmers of Iowa, you are supporting a future where diverse farms work with nature for mutual benefits, and communities are alive with healthy food and strong connections between farmers and non-farmers. As a member you will also receive these exclusive benefits:
- A subscription to The Practical Farmer, our quarterly newsletter filled with informative articles on a range of agricultural topics, member profiles, research reports, notices of events and development opportunities, book reviews, and more.
- Access to our lively, members-only email discussion groups, where you can pose questions and share information with other members.
- Steep discounts to our well-attended, information-dense annual conference that takes place each January.
- The opportunity to participate in our Cooperators’ Program and receive support from Practical Farmers to design and execute an on-farm research project.
- Eligibility for special Practical Farmers programs, such as our Savings Incentive Program and Labor4Learning Program.
- Opportunities to find new markets for your farm products.
- Events! Funding or cost assistance to attend certain non-Practical Farmers events that might take place during the year. In 2014, we held more than 200 events. Those events included on-farm research trials, online webinars,on-farm field days, annual conference sessions, a beginning farmer retreat, several in-depth workshops and much more!
- The opportunity to network with experienced farmers who sincerely want to help you succeed.
- Being part of a strong 30-year organization that believes in making farmers a top priority!
Click here for lifetime membership information.
Students: Did you know you can join Practical Farmers of Iowa at a discounted annual membership of only $20?
Individuals: Experience all the benefits of PFI for only $50 per year.
Farm or Household: All household family members and farm employees can join under one membership for just $60 annually.